AVON LAKE, Ohio — The family is complete!
Two bald eagles that nest every year outside of Redwood Elementary School in Avon Lake had laid three eggs in their nest early in March and on Easter Sunday, the third egg hatched.
The nest is home to a pair of eagles affectionately named "Stars" and "Stripes" by a group of Avon Lake students. Every year, they have returned to the nest to raise a new brood, and this year is no different.
You can get a live look at the nest through a live eagle cam here.
Here are the five best places to see bald eagles in Ohio:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
- Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne County
- Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
- Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Ottawa County