Major changes are coming to Blossom Music Center's bag policy.
Purses must now be smaller than 4 1/2 inches by 6 1/2 inches. Coolers, backpacks and camera bags will not be permitted.
The venue announced the change on its Facebook page Wednesday. There is no confirmation from Blossom Music Center that the changes have anything to do with the attack in England this week.
According to the venue's website, blankets, strollers and chairs no higher than 9 inches above the ground are still allowed. The changes do not apply to Cleveland Orchestra events.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar) per person for factory sealed food only
- Small clutch-type bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Collapsible strollers
- Chairs that sit no higher than 9 inches above the ground
- One factory sealed or empty plastic bottle of water up to 20oz
- Compact umbrellas
- Ponchos/rain coats
- Cell phones
- Small binoculars
- Non-aerosol suntan lotion and bug repellent
- Animals (except those used for assistance by individuals with disabilities)
- In-Line skates, skateboards, bicycles or action sports equipment.
- Wagons or large non-collapsible stroller
- Picnic baskets or coolers of any kind
- Purses larger than a 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inches, camera bags, backpacks, fanny packs
- Laser pointers
- Selfie Sticks
- Boot Spurs
- Fireworks or other incendiary devices
- Alcohol or any Illicit Substances
- Knives, guns, mace, pepper gas or any other item deemed a potential weapon
- Large signs, posters or flags
- Stickers or markers
- Video Cameras
- Audio Recorders
- iPads or tablets
- Glass, metal, cans, soft drinks, cups (regardless of contents)
- Any other item that may pose a threat to other guests, staff, or performers?