NORTHFIELD, Ohio — MGM Northfield Park announced plans to reopen on Saturday, June 20 after previously closing due to COVID-19 concerns.
The racino will reopen with a 50% capacity, slot machines will be rearranged to allow social distancing and valet parking will be temporarily discontinued, according to MGM Northfield Park.
MGM Northfield Park will implement the following measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training.
- Employees will be required to wear masks; guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, which will be available at no cost.
- A physical distancing policy will be enforced in public areas, with floor guides serving as reminders throughout the properties.
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, protective barriers have been installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks for employees and guests.
- MGM Resorts has constructed handwashing stations that are conveniently located on the casino floor.
- Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in restaurant outlets.
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive a text message notification when their tables are ready.
During the first stage of the racino’s reopening, Concerto Italian Kitchen and TAP Sports Bar will be open. The Neon Room and Casino Cocktail Service will provide drinks and live racing will resume, MGM Northfield Park said.