A former Newcomerstown officer was indicted on Wednesday for making up a story about being shot.
On April 11, then-officer Bryan Eubanks claimed he was shot by individuals in a black Geo Tracker, whom he reported he had pursued up Johnson Hill Road.
Eubanks, 37, is now charged with:
- One count of inducing panic, a felony of the fifth degree
- One count of making false alarms, a felony of the fifth degree
- Two counts of tampering with evidence, felonies of the third degree
- One count of forgery, a felony of the fifth degree
- One count of workers' compensation fraud, a misdemeanor of the first degree
Eubanks shot himself during a failed suicide attempt and he was later fired from the force.
An investigation also found Eubanks allegedly forged workers' compensation documents to apply for benefits after his self-inflicted injury.