WARREN, Ohio — A jury found a Warren man Monday guilty of selling heroin that resulted in the fatal overdose of a Warren woman, according to a news released from the Department of Justice's Northern District of Ohio office.
John G. Simer II, 39, was found guilty on all the following seven charges:
- distribution of heroin that resulted in death
- possession with intent to distribute heroin
- possession with intent to distribute cocaine
- being a felon in possession of firearms
- using firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking
- being a felon in possession of body armor
Authorities said Simer sold heroin to a Warren woman on March 19, 2017, and one day later, she ingested the heroin, resulting in a fatal overdose, according to the release.
At the time of his arrest on April 19, 2017 and with previous convictions for aggravated robbery and firearm offenses, he had a pistol, 58 rounds of ammunition and body armor, the release says.
His sentencing is scheduled for July 17.