NewsLocal News

Actions

White nationalist Richard Spencer, Ohio State University ending lawsuit

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WEWS.png
Posted at 11:08 AM, Mar 07, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-07 11:08:14-05

Lawyers for white nationalist Richard Spencer’s campus tour efforts and Ohio State University have notified a federal judge that the lawsuit for Spencer is being withdrawn.

Court records show the sides filed an agreement of voluntary dismissal Tuesday evening.

An attorney for Spencer’s side told The Associated Press earlier that tour organizer Cameron Padgett decided to drop the lawsuit against Ohio State for refusing to book Spencer. The school said such an event posed substantial risks for safety and for disruption.

RELATED: Kent State denies request for Richard Spencer to speak on campus on anniversary of shooting

However, attorney James Kolenich says a lawsuit will continue against the University of Cincinnati over the school’s demand for a nearly $11,000 security fee for Spencer to speak there.

Spencer spoke Monday amid protests at Michigan State University, but other campus plans have stalled in legal disputes.