It's hard to find out who first decreed there should be a National Hamburger Day, but we wholeheartedly endorse it. And the timing is perfect: Memorial Day Weekend is guaranteed to find all kinds of burgers being grilled and served.
The Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association offer wide variety of mouth-watering recipes. Here are a few to whet your appetite.
5 HAMBURGER RECIPES
1. Classic cheeseburger | Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes | Using 95% lean ground beef: 393 calories; 17 grams of fat RECIPE
2. Western burger | Total Recipe Time: 20 to 25 minutes | 254 calories; 15 grams of fat RECIPE
3. Burger with grilled onions | Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes | using 95% lean ground beef: 368 calories; 10 grams of fat RECIPE
4. Firecracker burger with cooling lime sauce | Total Recipe Time: 35 minutes | using 95% lean ground beef: 404 calories; 12 grams of fat RECIPE
5. Barbecue chipotle burger | Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes | 352 calories; 15 grams of fat RECIPE
Recipe information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
MORE: Check out the rest of the recipes at beefitswhatsfordinner.com