Memorial Day is about remembering America’s fallen military members, so this year a handful of retailers are offering exclusive deals for those who’ve spent time serving our nation.
We found the best Memorial Day sales and deals that members of our nation’s armed forces can claim. Some are available all year, while others are arriving just in time for the May 30 holiday.
- Bonobos: The store offers a 15% off exclusive military offer.
- Buckle: Year-round, active-duty members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces, including National Guard and reserves, plus their spouses and dependents, can get a 10% discount on Buckle.com.
- California’s Great America: May 28, 29 and 30, active or former United States service men and women with a valid military ID can get free park admission.
- Carnival Cruise Line: Book by May 31 for exclusive rates.
- Knott’s Berry Farm: May 28 through 30, active and veteran U.S. military personnel can get free admission to Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark. Proof of military service with photo ID is required. One complimentary admission per valid ID.
- Logan’s Roadhouse: All veterans and active military get 15% off between Armed Forces Day (May 21) and Memorial Day and 10% all year.
- Outback Steakhouse: Through July 4, get 15% off with a valid military ID.
- Overstock: Active duty and veterans are eligible for a free Club O Gold membership.
- Pie Five Pizza: On May 30, veterans and active-duty military who show a valid military ID or other proof of service can score a free personalized pizza.
- Rosetta Stone: Active-duty military, veterans, reservists and National Guard get an extra 10% off Rosetta Stone’s lowest pricing on language software.
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment: Get special military tickets for active-duty members and veterans.
- Under Armour: The retailer offers a 15% military discount off the entire purchase for those on active duty, veterans, military spouses and military family members.
- Verizon Wireless: Active service members and veterans can get a 15% discount off their monthly Verizon Wireless service and 25% off select accessories.
See each brand’s website for additional details and possible exclusions. And even if you don’t see a military promotion advertised at your local business, don’t be afraid to ask for a discount.
Note that most discounts require either eligibility verification or a military ID to be presented at the time of the transaction.
Courtney Jespersen is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: email@example.com. Twitter: @courtneynerd.
The article Best Memorial Day 2016 Sales and Deals for Military originally appeared on NerdWallet.
This article originally appeared on NerdWallet.