BEREA, Ohio — The Ohio Turnpike has issued a limited travel ban Sunday due to expected high winds.
From 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday, a travel ban will be in effect from Exit 25 (Archbold-Fayette/SR 66) to Exit 187 (Streetsboro/I-480 & SR14).
The Ohio Turnpike will still be open to most traffic, but certain types of vehicles will be restricted, including:
- All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles;
- Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of 90 feet in length.
- Mobile home/Office trailers.
- Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
- High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.
Vehicles that are not impacted by the travel ban include:
- Self-propelled motor homes
- Low-profile trailers
- Fold-down camper trailers
- Pick-up trucks with slide-on camper units
- Vehicles towing fifth-wheel type trailers, or any other type of trailers towed by passenger Vehicles or pickup trucks
- Commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box-type trailers
- Flatbed double-trailer combinations in excess of 90 feet
- Any double-trailer combination commercial vehicles less than 90 feet
The limited travel ban may be extended or shortened depending on the conditions. The Ohio Turnpike’s Engineering Department is continuing to monitor the situation.