Each year a scholarship committee selects the recipient of the JoAnne Robinson Memorial Scholarship, which is granted via the Scripps Howard Foundation. The foundation forwards funds directly to the student’s educational institution to be used towards tuition, books and/or other educational expenses. A scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded at the end of the spring semester for use during the upcoming academic year.
Deadline for applications is February 28th.
· Applicant must be a full-time college student with a major in broadcast journalism and should be African-American
· Scholarship is open to students nationwide
· Scholarship is one time only and cannot be renewed and is open to students going into their sophomore, junior, or senior year
· Applicant does not have to prove financial need
· Applicant must exemplify qualities demonstrated by JoAnne Robinson – hard-working, detail-oriented; must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a dedication to excellence, personally and professionally
· Applicant must submit academic records (transcripts), a written statement describing personal background, goals, values and characteristics distinguishing the student, making him/her a candidate worthy of recognition. Applicant should also submit a statement from at least one college professor.
Applicants should forward information to:
JoAnne Robinson Memorial Scholarship
WEWS 3001 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Questions? Call: 216-431-5555.