CLEVELAND — Veterans, employees of the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System, and those eligible under the SAVE LIVES Act, can receive the Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot at several clinic locations on Saturday, Oct. 16 at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center and the VA Clinics in Canton, East Liverpool, Mansfield, New Philadelphia and Sandusky.
The clinics will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster shot include:
- Veterans, employees and those eligible under the SAVE LIVES Act (Veterans, Spouses, Caregivers and CHAMPVA Recipients)
- Received a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 primary vaccine series at least six months ago
- Age / Underlying Medical Conditions / At Increased Risk
- People 65 years and older
- People 18 – 64 years old with underlying medical conditions identified by CDC
- People 18 – 64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting.
Because attendees may experience wait times, the VA will schedule anyone who prefers not to wait for an appointment at a future date and time. To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine, call the VA Northeast Ohio Vaccine Scheduling Line at 216-707-7660.
The following locations will host the walk-in clinic:
—Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
2nd Floor, Main Atrium
10701 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44102
—Canton VA Clinic
733 Market Avenue South
Canton, OH 44702-1018
—David F. Winder VA Clinic (Mansfield)
1025 South Trimble Road
Mansfield, OH 44906-3427
—East Liverpool VA Clinic
15655 State Route 170, Suite A
Calcutta, OH 43920-9672
—New Philadelphia VA Clinic
1260 Monroe Street Northwest, Suite 1A
New Philadelphia, OH 44663-4147
—Sandusky VA Clinic
1912 Hayes Avenue
Sandusky, OH 44870-5557
Visit our Vaccinating Ohio page for the latest updates on Ohio's vaccination program, including links to sign up for a vaccine appointment, a map of nearby vaccination sites, a detailed breakdown of the state's current vaccine phase, and continuing local coverage of COVID-19 vaccines in Northeast Ohio.
Download the News 5 app for free for your Apple or Google device for the latest vaccine and COVID-19 news, and for limited and timely news alerts on vaccines, the COVID-19 pandemic, and other important local news and weather.