NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro

Actions

39-year-old man hospitalized for smoke inhalation after house fire on East 139th Street

E139 fire .jpg
E139 fire 1.jpg
Posted at 7:56 AM, Mar 18, 2021
and last updated 2021-03-18 08:44:26-04

CLEVELAND — A 39-year-old was hospitalized in serious condition for smoke inhalation after firefighters found him unconscious in a basement of a burning home in Cleveland.

At 12:30 a.m. Thursday, firefighters responded to a stove fire on East 139th Street.

A spokesperson for the Cleveland Division of Fire confirmed the man was found in the basement unconscious.

EMS responded and revived the man before transporting him to MetroHealth Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

No further information has been released.

Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.

You can also catch News 5 Cleveland on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, YouTube TV, DIRECTV NOW, Hulu Live and more. We're also on Amazon Alexa devices. Learn more about our streaming options here.