CLEVELAND — One person was hospitalized after a house fire on Cleveland’s East Side.
The Cleveland Division of Fire responded to the 7500 block of Donald Avenue near East 76th Street for a house fire.
A 65-year-old resident was able to escape the burning home before firefighters arrived. He had second and third-degree burns on his back.
Cleveland EMS confirmed the 65-year-old man was transported in serious condition to MetroHealth Medical Center.
A News 5 photojournalist captured a video of crews extinguishing the fire as flames shot out from the windows of the home.
House fire at E.76 and Donald. One victim transported by EMS pic.twitter.com/YdT7GhaDp8— Dave Kraska (@DaveKraska) April 2, 2021
The cause of the fire was unintentional and was believed to have started from a candle, according to Mike Norman, spokesperson for the Cleveland Division of Fire.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.