CLEVELAND — Families who need a little helping hand come Christmas time can now apply for assistance through the Salvation Army.
The program is for families with children under 12-years-old. Eligible families will receive toys and food to prepare a Christmas dinner.
According to the Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland, the Christmas Distribution Program helped nearly 2,000 Cleveland families and provided toys to nearly 5,000 children.
The organization said it has seen an 85% increase in emergency feeding assistance since the start of the pandemic and expects the trend to continue.
How to register
Christmas Registration is available through Oct. 30. Families can register via phone by calling from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Salvation Army East Cleveland Corps: 1507 Doan Ave. East Cleveland, OH 44112 | Phone: (216) 249-4334
- The Salvation Army Miles Park Corps: 4139 East 93rd Street, Cleveland, OH 44105| Phone: (216) 341-1640
- The Salvation Army Ohio City Corps: 4402 Clark Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109 | Phone: (216) 631-1515
- The Salvation Army Temple Corps: 17625 Grovewood Ave., Cleveland, OH 44119 | Phone: (216) 692-1388
- The Salvation Army West Park Corps: 12645 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, OH 44113 | Phone: (216) 252-3593
Distribution will be on Dec. 17 and 18 at the location where each family is registered.
You will need the following:
- Your government-issued photo I.D. or Driver’s License. You must have a Photo ID.
- A birth certificate or current medical benefits card for each child 12 years old and younger in your household.
- Copies of your County Benefits, Heap Application, & School Records- all are very helpful to show proof of household.
Anyone with questions can call individual locations or 216-861-8185 or visit SalvationArmy.org.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.