CLEVELAND — There have been many problems getting stimulus money to people over the past few weeks. However, 5 On Your Side Investigators found a House Ways and Means Committee report that lays out when the paper stimulus checks are going in the mail.
The IRS can only handle 5 million checks per week and tens of millions of checks have to get in the mail. So, some people won’t see their checks for up to 20 weeks from now.
The schedule is based on your personal Adjusted Gross Income, otherwise known as AGI. Those with a smaller AGI will get checks first and then, gradually the checks will get sent to higher earners.
This is the expected timeline for mailing paper checks, according to the Washington Post:
- April 24: Up to $10,000 AGI
- May 1: Up to $20,000 AGI
- May 8: Up to $30,000 AGI
- May 15: Up to $40,000 AGI
- May 22: Up to $50,000 AGI
- May 29: Up to $60,000 AGI
- June 4: Up to $70,000 AGI
- June 11: Up to $80,000 AGI
- June 18: Up to $90,000 AGI
- June 25: Up to $100,000 AGI
- July 3: Up to $110,000 AGI
- July 10: Up to $120,000 AGI
- July 17: Up to $130,000 AGI
- July 24: Up to $140,000 AGI
- July 31: Up to $150,000 AGI
- August 7: Up to $160,000 AGI
- August 14: Up to $170,000 AGI
- August 21: Up to $180,000 AGI
- August 28: Up to $190,000 AGI
- September 4: Up to $198,000 AGI