CLEVELAND — Cleveland Police Public Information Officer Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed to News 5 on Saturday that Vance G. Christian, 45, of Cleveland, was arrested and faces felony charges in relation to a hit-skip that killed a 3-year-old girl and injured two others.
According to court records, Chrisitan was charged with three felonies:
- aggravated vehicular homicide
- stopping after an accident; cause of death
- aggravated vehicular assault
The hit-skip crash happened on Thursday when police say a 3-year-old, a 10-year-old and a 27-year-old were hit while riding bikes by a vehicle that was heading north on Track Road in the North Broadway neighborhood. Following the crash, the driver took off.
There have been multiple children severely injured or killed by drivers in Cleveland this year.
- 5-year-old dies after being struck by vehicle in Cleveland, 17-year-old girl arrested
- Police searching for driver who struck and killed 9-year-old boy on Bohn Road in Cleveland
- 11-year-old girl hospitalized with 2 broken legs after hit by car on East 93rd Street
The most recent death prompted the mayor to issue this statement last night.
Residents are encouraged to report reckless driving by calling police at 216-621-1234.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.